Maximino Martinez Commons
|2520 Channing Way|
Maximino Martinez Commons is a secure, socially dynamic community building combining residence hall rooms and apartments. Conveniently located two blocks from campus, the facility houses 416 students. Priority for Martinez Commons Residence Hall spaces is given to second-year sophomore students. Priority for Martinez Commons Apartments is given to second-year sophomore and upper-division students.
- Located two blocks from campus
- All rooms are furnished
- Study rooms on each residential floor
- One social lounge on each residential floor
- Academic center with tutoring classroom, quiet study room and computer center
- High-speed Internet connections
- Security Monitor Program
- Laundry facilities
- Live-in staff
- Access to unit’s academic center, with PC and MAC computers, laser printers, and hookup to the campus network and the Internet
- Billiard table
- Fitness center
- Large main lounge with big-screen TV
- Bike storage for 20 percent of residents
- Solar-heated domestic water
- Low-flow toilets and showerheads
- One half block from Crossroads Dining Commons
Residence Hall also includes:
- 98 double-occupancy rooms
- Shared kitchenette in common area
- Accessible shower and toilet rooms
Apartments also include:
- Full kitchens
- Five five-bedroom and 47 four-bedroom, single-gender apartments, of which 14 are single story and 38 are two stories
- Three apartments for the hearing impaired
**Note: Apartments are considered off-campus housing for financial aid purposes.
The apartment rates for Martinez Commons are $10,366 for single occupancy apartments and $14,812 for double occupancy residence hall spaces.
Floor Plans and Layouts
Single Story Apartments & Residence ...CLICK TO SEE LARGER IMAGE...
4 Bedroom Apartment
4 Bedroom Apartment
2 Story Apartments
4 Bedroom, 2 Story #1
4 Bedroom, 2 Story #2
No Smoking Policy
University of California, Berkeley is committed to providing a healthy, smoke-free environment for students, faculty and staff. Accordingly, no smoking is permitted in student rooms, or inside buildings, including lounges, balconies and breezeways, and stairways.