2400 Durant Avenue
Ida Sproul, Norton, Priestley, Spens-Black Halls, and Beverly Cleary Halls
The renovated Unit 3 complex includes four highrise halls surrounding a large courtyard and a central commons building that houses the dining center, main office, recreation lounge, and the Academic Services Center.
- Located one block from campus.
- Features a modern and colorful dining center and Bear Market store.
- Four of the five buildings are highrise halls (Ida Sproul, Norton, Priestley, Spens-Black) that feature:
- Eight floors of double and triple occupancy rooms, some doubles and triples in Suite. (Single rooms are reserved for upper division students and students with disabilities.)
- Approximately 230 students in each hall.
- Rooms have extra long twin beds, dressers, desks, mirrors, shelving, and closets.
- Rooms have high-speed internet connections.
- Some rooms have a bay view.
- Most floors are coed with one large coed bathroom per floor.
- Single sex floors are available.
- Floor lounges with balconies.
- Main lounge on entry level.
- The Unity House Them Program is housed in Spens Black Hall.
- Beverly Cleary Hall is a midrise building across the street from Unit 3 on Channing Way that features:
- A lounge on entry level
- The theme program Casa Magdalena Mora is housed in Cleary Hall.
- Coed & Single Gender Floors
- Single, Double, Triple Rooms, and Double and Triple Rooms in Suite
- Security Monitor Program
- Laundry facilities
- Live-In Staff
- Access to the Unit's Academic Services Center, with PCs and MACs workstations, laser printers, and hookup to the Campus Network and the Internet as well as academic support and tutoring services
No Somking Policy
University of California, Berkeley is committed to providing a healthy, smoke-free environment for students, faculty and staff. Accordingly, no smoking is permitted in student rooms, or inside buildings, including lounges, balconies and breezeways, and stairways. Smoking is only permitted outside in designated areas.
Academic Services Center: Unit 3
Reshall Peer Advisors: Unit 3