Studio apartments, law (priority), and graduate students only
Located three blocks from the southwestern corner of campus at Shattuck Avenue and Channing Way, Manville Apartments are within walking distance of downtown Berkeley, near shops, banks, movie theaters, restaurants, and public transportation. A twelve-month lease is required.
Reserved for law and graduate students, the secured complex includes:
- 132 small, unfurnished, single-occupancy studio apartments
- Each studio includes a kitchenette, bathroom, built-in bookcase, and desk
- Internet lines and cable TV access
- Central courtyard
- Several floor plans with 260- to 305-square feet of living space
- Some apartments have bay views; some open onto a central courtyard or have decks
- Secured entry and elevator
- The complex has common areas; a lounge, laundry facilities, mail room, and three study rooms
- Storage spaces and limited parking spaces are available for additional fees
- Access to Unit 3 computing center and technical assistance
- Rent for Manville does not include electricity. Students are responsible for setting up their own electricity accounts with PG&E.
2017-18 Projected Rates
|Apartment with Bay view||$1,210|
|Apartment with deck||$1,210|
|Apartment with Courtyard access||$1,210|
Residents may prepare their own meals or purchase a Nonresident Meal Plan through Cal Dining, or use their Cal 1 Card to enjoy Cal Dining's services.
How would you like to come home to a clean, fresh, and organized studio?
Residential and Student Service Programs (RSSP) offers Manville residents a low-cost, optional cleaning service for the Academic Year 2015-16.
The basic services are as follows:
- Custodial services include cleaning studio kitchens, bathrooms, and trash and recycling removal on a schedule determined by each resident.
- Cleaning services are provided at a rate of $45 per hour with costs to be divided between apartment residents who sign up for the program.
- Cleaning services do not include cleaning personal items or washing dishes.
The cleaning services begin in August 2015, and will end on Friday, December 18, 2015, the last day of the Fall Semester. After Winter Break, service will resume on Tuesday, January 11, 2016. There will be a break in service during Spring Recess, from Monday, March 21 through Friday, March 25, 2016. The service will end on Friday, May 13, 2016, the last day of the Spring Semester.
For more information, specific details regarding the program, and to sign up for this cleaning service, please see the Service Agreement (PDF). We encourage you to contact us to determine the specific needs for your apartment and coordination of cleaning schedules and billing. If you have other questions, please contact Supervisor Mark Kinnard at (510) 643-2676 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.