Front Desk: (510) 642-6290
The Resident Directors' offices: Building One
2601 Warring Street
10 residential buildings
The Clark Kerr Campus is a Spanish mission style complex with both single, double, triple, and suite accommodations. Buildings are two or three floors tall. CKC is on the National Register of Historic Places and a City of Berkeley landmark.
View a map and a complete list of buildings and residences on the Clark Kerr Campus.
For more detailed housing information, please visit the Living at Cal website.
History of Clark Kerr Campus
Constructed in the 1930s, Clark Kerr Campus was originally a school for the deaf and blind until 1982, when the site came under University housing ownership.
Dr. Clark Kerr served as Berkeley's first Chancellor from 1952 to 1958 and President of the University of California from 1958 to 1967. He is known for standing up for professors' and students' rights during the 1950s - 1960s which led to opposition from California Governor Ronald Reagan.
In 1981, the City of Berkeley recognized Clark Kerr Campus as a landmark (#42). The following year, 1982, Clark Kerr Campus was placed on the National Register of Historic Places (#82000962).
Currently, some of the land on the CKC property is dedicated to non-profit work, such as Redwood Gardens, a home for senior citizens established by the City of Berkeley in 1986.