Employee Services in the Office of Student Development strives to create innovative, employee centered processes and practices that foster a healthy, effective, and compliant work environment. Employee Services is dedicated to recruiting, selecting, developing, and retaining exceptional employees who are motivated to serve students, families, and the greater Cal community.
Specifically, Employee Services is responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining a compliant and inclusive work environment that is consistent with department values.
- Administration of strategic recruitment, selection, hiring, and performance management processes that result in a talented and diverse workforce.
- Providing OSD with policy expertise related to employment policies & trends specifically within the context of the Student Affairs profession and the tenets of Student Development Theory.
- Designing and implementing comprehensive new employee on-boarding and orientation programs.
- Overseeing employee development and recognition programs that are effective and inclusive.
- Providing consultation services to department managers related to the design of unit specific retreats, workshops, & on-going training to meet department wide training needs and to provide the highest quality services to our constituent groups.
- Interpretation and application of campus HR policies and federal and state employment laws and procedures to ensure that department practices are consistent with the mission, goals, and objectives of OSD resulting in a compliant and a healthier work environment.
- Managing OSD centralized marketing projects and ensure that brochures, personnel manuals, and department forms are consistent with the OSD mission, vision, and values.